Monday, June 11, 2012

How Old Do You Feel?

When I was in junior high, I used to tell my mom how so-and-so and what's-his-name were going out. She would exasperate me each and every time by asking, "Where are they going?" I hated it. They were dating, but that was what we called it. Of course now I know what she meant. Just how far can a couple of junior high kids go? They don't drive. Duh.

So this is the conversation D and I had today.

D: He wrote "swag" on my wall so I wrote back "swaggity swag swaggy."
Me: What does that mean?
D: I don't know. I just said it.
Me: Then why did you say it?
D:Because that's what he said. Oh, you don't know what swag means?
Me: Obviously not.
D: It's the way you walk, the way you carry yourself.
Me: That's swagger.
D: Yeah, but we shorten it. I can't believe you didn't know what swag is. How old you you feel now?
Me. How stupid do you feel? Your generation has to be the dumbest. You just abbreviate everything because you're lazy.
D: Wow. Thanks, Mom.

1 comments:

Serial Monogamist said...

I agree with you times a million. Like, totes.

 
The Martini Chronicles. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino